Your News... Our Newsletter - If you have any news you would like added to the PMISSC newsletter, send email with the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and president@pmis...
Monday, March 26, 2007
Customers need a lot of things, in most cases they do not realize what they need. However we can usually group a customer's need into these 5 areas:
1. A stated need - I need a box of cereal
2. Real need - I need something healthy to eat quickly in the morning
3. Unstated need - I expect to find the cereal box easily and quickly
4. Delight need - If the cereal will allow me to add fresh raisens and banannas all the better
5. Secret need - Got to show off infront of my wife and tell her I got it on sale 3 for price of 1
An experienced system engineer can sense and identify the needs 2 - 5, and bring them out to the client for verification -- this is where value is added.